Syreeta – Something On My Mind: The Rita Wright Years

Les autres artistes en solo, les auteurs/compositeurs...

Syreeta – Something On My Mind: The Rita Wright Years

Messagede mjdestiny » 09 Aoû 2016, 13:02

Nouveau petit bijou qui s'apprête à sortir chez Ace Records au mois de Septembre prochain , une compilation de Syreeta Wright ( connue sous le nom de Rita Wright lors de ses premières années chez Motown ):
"Syreeta – Something On My Mind: The Rita Wright Years 1967-1970" , avec 24 titres dont 18 totalement inédits et dont certains ont été récemment découverts dans les coffres ... voici l'annonce faite par Keith Hughes sur le forum soulfuldetroit :

“It’s a completely different type of music from an era that will never return. I hope that (Motown) never digs back into those old tapes to think about releasing any of them now” – Syreeta, December 1972.

Forty-odd years have come and gone since Syreeta Wright spoke those words, and sadly Syreeta herself has gone with them. We hope that if she were with us now, she'd reconsider that thought, and be pleased to hear these tunes again. Fourteen of them, some previously released, were recorded in Detroit between 1967 and 1969. The remainder are taken from two recently rediscovered tapes recorded in L.A. during the first six months of 1970, and none of them have appeared before.

The CD will be released by Ace Records on their Kent label at the end of September. Track list is as follows:

I Can't Give Back The Love I Feel For You
Ain't I Gonna Win Your Love *
It Don't Mean Nothin' To Me *
Something On My Mind
Beware Of A Stranger
That's What He Told Me *
I Want To Go Back There Again *
Bad Boy *
Give Back The Good Things
Hurtin' Me (Became A Habit) *
Can't Stop *
Where Is The Love
Mind, Body And Soul *
You *
Save The Country *
Since You Came Back *
Can You Feel It, Babe *
Love Child *
Where There's A Will There's A Way *
Love's Gone Bad *
Love My Lovin' Man *
You Made Me Feel Like Everything Was Alright
(Touched) By The Hand Of Love *
May His Love Shine Forever *

* Previously unreleased
Et voici le visuel :

http://soulfuldetroit.com/attachment.ph ... 1470679857

Je me demande si dans le lot il y aura quelques productions/compositions de Stevie Wonder ,surtout pour les titres datant de 1970.
;)
mjdestiny

Re: Syreeta – Something On My Mind: The Rita Wright Years

Messagede Roll » 09 Aoû 2016, 16:01

Merci mjdestiny :)
Love's Gone Bad est une reprise de Chris Clark comme la version des Jackson 5 je suppose ?
Roll

Messagede mjdestiny » 10 Aoû 2016, 16:03

Roll a écrit:Merci mjdestiny :)
Love's Gone Bad est une reprise de Chris Clark comme la version des Jackson 5 je suppose ?

Oui c'est la reprise de la chanson de Chris Clark ,... il y a également un autre groupe Motown qui a repris ce titre c'est "The Underdogs" en 1967
Keith Hughes à apporté plus de précisions concernant la compil' sur le Motown Forum :
Stevie co-wrote and co-produced "Ain't I Gonna Win Your Love". There seems to be one more track available from the period, maybe it'll fit on a Motown Girls comp one day. "May His Love Shine Forever" was overdubbed by the Supremes for the Rock Gospel album. "Hurtin' Me" was written by Pam Sawyer and Gloria Jones. And the rediscovered tapes ... it's a long story ... these things happen. Just as well they do, because till we found them and listened, we didn't have enough material from the period to make a CD! Credit there to the Fat Man In The Third Row for his diligent scanning of tape sources.
;)
mjdestiny

Messagede Roll » 10 Aoû 2016, 16:24

OK merci pour ces précisions ;)
Je ne connaissais pas ce groupe, The Underdogs, je n'aime pas trop leur version de cette chanson.
Roll

Messagede Foulecamp » 15 Aoû 2016, 22:06

Excellent. J'adore cette artiste. Quelle bonne surprise !!!
Foulecamp
Administrateur du site

Retourner vers Discussions